Watch Gabrielle Giffords, an advocate for gun management and former congresswoman, endorse Joe Biden for president throughout the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday.
— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 20, 2020
Last evening was the portion of the Democrats’ digital conference that was designated to repay certainly one of their most important constituency groups, the billionaire-backed efforts to disarm Americans and negate their rights enshrined within the Second Amendment.
The star of the anti-gun show was undoubtedly Gabby Giffords, the namesake of the taxpayer supported gun management operation which, together with Brady and Everytown/Moms, are the most important names within the civilian disarmament advocacy enterprise.
As Giffords mentioned in her pre-recorded speech, the way in which to be “on the right side of history” is to “vote, vote, vote” for Joe Biden. If you need to know why the gun-grabbing orgs are so enthusiastic about Uncle Joe, here’s what he says he wants to do about “gun violence”:
- Ban the manufacture of “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines
- Mandate NFA registration of all at the moment owned “assault weapons”
- Hold a nationwide “buyback” of “assault weapons” for many who don’t need to register their ARs and AKs
- A nationwide one gun a month buy restrict
- National common background checks
- Reinstate the Obama gun ban for Social Security recipients who search psychological well being remedy
- Ban gun gross sales to anybody convicted of a “hate crime”
- Increase the time interval the FBI has to make a willpower on a NICS verify from three to 10 days
- End all on-line gross sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun elements
- A nationwide confiscation program for many who grow to be prohibited individuals
- Incentivize all states to enact “red flag” legal guidelines by doling out federal funds
- Incentivize all states to require that people receive a allow to own firearms earlier than with the ability to buy one
- Prohibit anybody underneath a short lived restraining order or convicted of assault, battery, or stalking from buying or possessing firearms, misdemeanor or felon
- “Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns”
- Enact a nationwide protected storage legislation
- Enact a nationwide stolen gun reporting requirement legislation
- Ban “ghost guns” by requiring that “purchasers of gun kits or 3D printing code pass a federal background check”
- Ban the usage of federal money used to coach academics to hold within the classroom